Sunday, October 3, 2021

My name on jersey.

Cricket is almost like a religion to our country,  but I never liked cricket at all. When I used to see my friends playing gully cricket or my brother and father going crazy for watching match first, or informing scores to each other on phone. In our life some steps just change our perception towards certain things.  It happened in my life too, it was when my husband asked me that do you wanna take part in our jain society's women cricket,  in a very short span of seconds ,I said yes why not let's try. He replied wonderful  and he just registered my name shortly.  Than the time of just  imagination faded and  reality of having zero knowledge about cricket was a big stress.  Than I  discussed with this with my inlaws and my husband il(Akash) that , I had said yes for cricket competition in excitement  but I don't know the meaning of even over,  they were stressed too that how I will play and learn in couple of days,  during that time my partner actually my best support system,  motivated me , I still remembered those special words .he told,"so what you don't know anything about cricket,  try to learn about it via internet, than start practice and I will help you too". Those words were just tonic to my worries,πŸ₯° and seeing my interest even my mum in law was happy and motivated me to learn and practice.  Than the warm up practice was decided and being confident outside, totally nervous inside that was my state of mind. It was totally different feeling wearing tracks and sports Tshirt,  having bat in one hand πŸ‘•,rushing to ground with full excitement and happiness of learning a different skill.  Some flashback memories of life are so unique that it can't be described in few words.  So from discussion on whatsapp groups to meeting all players , so that time while practicing,  I realized the pressure seeing others play so well. The interest of playing cricket started developing like students start focusing on studies under the pressure of getting good marks or getting  atleast pass.so slowly and steadily our practice started getting more serious and sometimes even twice a day. We all loved our team's passion and clear cut to win. Yes there were some days of little mismatched of thoughts between players or junior players feeling little low, but all started vanish when every player of team wanted to learn and teach each other about game. Friendship  gossiping,  discussions , balancing studies, home chores,  babies etc we all gone through was mesmerizing beautiful.  I remembered close to our competition, days came when me and my husband were going on honeymoon and in excitement of visiting kashmir,  I still miss those cricket practice.  Even in kashmir,  when I saw those little kids playing cricket,  I was like,  akash can we stop our car and play some cricket too, he was obviously just smiling at my craziness πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. So right from coming home , next day practice started and yes before going to kashmir due to much practice with my husband, brother in law, my teammates. My game improved and our coach sir replied,  it was so special for me. When your teacher appreciates you for your hardwork and improvement.  I felt so happy.i really appreciate my teammates,  coach sir (hitesh uncle) and not to forget our sponsor (manisha aunty) .Also the precious moment of seeing my name on the jersey,  yes I felt proud of myself and all supporters  of mine.    Everything was going smooth,  until the twist came, when our captain(bhavna) couldn't joined our game due to her father in law's death and the captainship was passed to our new captain moksha. Everything was balanced very well by her too. Finally the day came we played thrice and won all three game, I remembered we were dancing with happiness,  playing garba on ground, even the audience were enjoying seeing us winning.  So all's good that ends well. I realized that even our team wouldn't had won match, but the idea of taking a step to learn is important. After all learning will always be worth it. Life really becomes easy when you have people who motivates you to pursue and participate. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My name on jersey.

Cricket is almost like a religion to our country,  but I never liked cricket at all. When I used to see my friends playing gully cricket or ...