Thursday, July 9, 2020

Yes it actually happened( it's time for a twist.) Part 5

No doubt my answer was yes for the proposal of rohan, but the question of shifting abroad leaving my single parent mother. Rohan initially told me to shift India with his family , as I was not ready to settle at Canada permanently. His family and wasn't aware of our relationship. His aim was to tell his mother, sister and elders as he completes his age of 25th . Thus time was flying faster than usual for us. As soon he completed 25th years of age, his mother announced to his maternal uncle and aunt ,to find a girl for marriage purpose from gujrati community. When Rohan knew about this, he confessed that he loves me and had proposed me for marriage. Mummy (Rohan's mother) was shocked when she heard and more shocked when she knew that I am South Indian. Usually our North Indians have certain mentality about South Indians regarding their looks, culture,  little conservative nature etc .So Rohan's mother denied ours relationship because of caste issue and I understand why she must have denied because like amma, even she lost Rohan's father at a very early age. She struggled and work harder to survive in Canada although her maternal side was very support,  but I am proud to say, that my mother in law is a self dependent person. Mumy too single handedly fulfilled responsibility of a mother and father, also balanced work and family very well. I actually respect that lot. So to convince his mother, Rohan called his maternal aunt who lives in mumbai, as he is very close to her, he told about our seriousness and convinced her to make mummy understand . When his aunt called mummy (Rohan's mother) to convince her, mummy agreed on one term, she told her maternal aunt to meet me and my family once. So after four days ,on Sunday his aunt came to meet us in our house. As our roots are from south, but residing in mumbai for such a longer time, we were gelled well with north Indians too. Actually his aunt was relieved that , what she mentally thought about us, we weren't that typical South Indian people, she liked all of us well. But the best thing about his aunt we loved was her honest nature, because when amma told his aunt that, "may be Rohan will try to settle in India." Aunt directly told truth that ,"sorry my dear but Rohan won't ever shift to India, because he and his family struggled lot to live a well settled life in India ". Me and amma was shocked for some time, I was very sad that time. The next day, I had a very bad call with Rohan, as I thought he cheated me by telling that he would shift to India. Yes Rohan listened everything patiently, he said yes I told you, I would shift to India, but it's very tough to leave such a job security and well settled life in Canada. I directly told him on phone, that I am not interested in carrying our relation ahead,as I don't want to shift Canada leaving my family. Rohan replied ,"I understand your emotions nisha, I just wanna say is no decision will be forced upon on you, if you are happy breaking up with me, okay but I seriously loved you very much and would respect your emotions are decision , it would break my feelings too, but if you are happy, it would be fine for me, Good luck for everything, cyaa."

No comments:

Post a Comment

My name on jersey.

Cricket is almost like a religion to our country,  but I never liked cricket at all. When I used to see my friends playing gully cricket or ...